This is so SO true!  So many times I am asked if there is anything that I regret in life.  The answer is no.  That doesn’t mean that I am proud of everything that I have done and that I don’t wish I could un-do some of those things.  At the end of the day, all of those mistakes… all of those experiences make up who I am.  The good, the bad and the ugly have brought me to today.  I don’t have to like my mistakes, but I do own them.  I remember them and use them to make myself a better person.  I use them to keep myself moving forward in life.

Stop obsessing over what you did wrong and embrace who you are.  Love who you are.  You are perfect!

Comments

1. THat is fantastic!!
    Lisa @ljenator recently posted..Seriously? Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL?

2. This is so true. There are a lot of things I wished I had done differently but then one day i sat down and thought about the impact they had on my life and what would change if I went back in time and changed them. I don’t think anyone can look back and want to change any single thing they have done unless they are not happy with their life as it is. Just my opinion anyway.

click my name for a funny site.
    Half Baked Potatoes recently posted..Posted by John

• E @ Elegantly Said says:

Thanks for stopping by the site! I’m heading to yours now. 🙂

• Try falling in love with the wrong person… you would have a different opinion!! 🙂

If it’s your first love .. it just gets better

And if the person wants to be with you . And you are the one to Call it off … it’s version 2.0

The icing on it would be t to make a decision whether you want to be hurt letting them go or being with them ….

Wait it could be further interesting … if they keep calling you and a plead with you to change your decision for A YEAR..

You would want to change some things looking back won’t you ?hbp ??

3. Love this!! I’ve always tried to live without regrets and this sums up that philosophy so well! I’m going to read it to my daughter when she comes home from school!!
    Paula @ The Tween & Me recently posted..Wayfarer Wednesday

• E @ Elegantly Said says:

Hi Paula! I am trying to teach my kids the same thing! It’s OK to mess up sometimes… what is important is how you handle it. Thanks for visiting my site. Hope to see you again soon. 🙂

4. Thank you! I really needed to read this today! 🙂
    Amanda recently posted..Thanksgiving Day Games for Children

5. It is so true…I really love it!

6. I have lost for the longest time. I was a freshmen, all my “Friends” ditched me and my parents, they didn’t understand me. However, ever since then i have become so strong and have been able to discover. I joined NJROTC and met new people. Now that i am a Junior I have decided to Join the Navy, and now i finally am starting to figure out who i am. I do feel lost at times, but then i just think of who i am and why i ended up so alone at one time. It wasn’t cause my “friends” loved drama it was because i was meant to stand strong. I am so glad I am who i am today.
    Alexa recently posted..Story of my life… (h/t @randeepk)

• E @ Elegantly Said says:

Hi Alexa. I’m glad you are feeling good about your life and where you are going. I’ll let you in on another thing I’ve learned…. It’s OK to be alone. It gives you time to figure out who you are and what you want. And having one good friend is so much better than have a handful of fake friends. I guess that is two things. 🙂 Hope to see you around the site again soon.

7. every time i think about the stupid things i did in the past i try and think of this…i hope it works

• E @ Elegantly Said says:

Stupid mistakes are parting of growing up and part of life. Don’t dwell on them and just keep trying to be a better person. 🙂

8. Thank you, this was very much needed today 🙂

9. I have stood by this belief throughout my life, and I’m so glad I stumbled upon this for the reminder! By choosing to reject regret and embrace gratitude (even for the suffering or things we don’t understand) we’re able to actually take charge of our own ships. And goodness knows, THAT’S exciting!
    Sabrina Bolin recently posted..Mind: Now you’ve done it! – Finding the Positive During a Crisis

10. No regrets.

11. wanda damrill says:

I wish i could say i dont have any reqrets because i have a few.i dont care if they have made me who i am today i would do so differently if i could go back!Just saying!

12. this made my day. i want a tattoo that says ‘vivre sans repentir’ which pretty much is live with no regrets in french and seeing this just makes me want it more and knowing its something good.

13. this post makes me question who i am, what the author is saying is that our experiences shape who we are then by default the people we meet must also shape us. so if that is true than i can’t be “me” but i have to be everything and everybody else i have met and not me because there is no “me” to begin with.
    Jack recently posted..neon genesis evangelion

14. Found this post via StumbleUpon and glad I did. While I may not agree that we are perfect there is no reason to focus on our screw-ups. We do however need to learn from them as it will make us a better person.
    Sustainable Living Guy recently posted..Clean Indoor Air Naturally with Houseplants

15. I love this–who is it by? I always thought that it was important to learn from your mistakes and grow so that they never happen again, but never regret them

16. Nice words to think about on a daily basis!
    Digi Stitches Embroidery and Gifts recently posted..Coal and Carrot Snowman Towel

17. Interesting words! Wise and useful. And true.

18. I really really needed this today.
    Well spoken, and thank you for sharing.
    Carpe diem.

19. Claire Mason says:

It is so true…I really love it!
    Claire Mason recently posted..Cancer Tips

20. So inspirational! Thanks for inspiring us:)

21. very well done my friend keep going on……….
    quote of the day recently posted..Quote Of The Day

22. Love it, Keep the Light shining

23. Heidi Weeks says:

I was a freshmen, all my “Friends” ditched me and my parents, they didn’t understand me. Don’t dwell on them and just keep trying to be a better person.
    Heidi Weeks recently posted..Many Mops

24. Agreed. It what we do the decisions that we make that makes us who we are. Great post.
    James recently posted..6 Motivating Business Quotes from TV-Shows

25. That’s not true. Some of those mistakes you are allowing yourself to make can really destroy your life. Don’t just live like you have nothing to lose. Like you could anything you want. Humans don’t know what their purpose is, so they tell themselves that they can do anything because life is short. That’s a dumb way to live and maybe the world is a piece of crap because everyone thinks that what they want and what they do, whatever it is, is the right thing to do!
    Nando recently posted..Certidão de nascimento.

26. great quote. you know it is so true, our mistakes make us who we are since we learn from them and the experiences are the bricks that shape our character. thanks a lot.
    Ali recently posted..Frequent Anger Brings Bad Luck!